Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Staging

Today was what Peace Corps calls 'Staging.' It's basically a pre-departure briefing about what the in-country orientation will entail and how our first few days and the following weeks in Pre-Service Training will go.

There are just over 30 of us, and it seems like it's going to be a great group. Fourteen of the trainees are transfers from Peace Corps in Mauritania, which was recently discontinued. They have lots of words of wisdom for the upcoming days and are all really fun.

I DID in fact arrive about 3 hours late because of flight delays, and I'm starting to wonder if I willed that on myself by worrying about it so much! Nonetheless, I made it in time for most of staging, they DO have my passport, and we all went out and had one final delicious American meal!

Tomorrow we get up bright and early to get whatever shots we need to enter Rwanda, and then take a bus to the airport. I'll be departing for Rwanda tomorrow evening. Wish me luck!

Below is a picture from my first flight this morning. Although I am not a morning person AT ALL, it's always nice to watch the sun rise when you're already in the sky with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment